Wills and Trusts
Wills and Trusts in California
Wills and Trusts are both common tools to help you plan how your assets will be distributed after your death.
You can use a Will, a Trust, or both (as part of a complete Estate Plan), depending on your needs.
They help protect what you’ve worked so hard for, make your last wishes known, and make sure your loved ones don’t get any unexpected surprises.
A Will or a Trust?
- Outline where and to whom assets should after you die
- Identify your executor who carries out your wishes
- Names the guardian for your minor children
- Do not avoid California Probate
- Become public record
- Become effective during your lifetime
- Avoid Probate, saving significant time and money
- You keep control of your assets until you die
- Can manage inheritance until certain conditions are met
- Are private